Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tuesdays are meant for project postings. This is going to be a hard one because I tend to work on multiple projects at once; for better or worse.

How about I start simply with something that I started yesterday: some new Doctor Who decals.

With the new Doctor this fall, they released new logos and graphics. The new images are somewhat fiery looking. So I decided to use this sort of iridescent pink/red color or vinyl that I had on hand.

A couple things need work, but I’m ultimately pleased with how they have turned out so far. I must say, though, that this particular Cricut vinyl is not the easiest to work with. It breaks easily, to start since it is more of a Mylar type of material (no stretch). So I have to be more gentle than usual since I can be a bit heavy-handed with some of these things. I also find it doesn’t always cut all the way through in some spots, but maybe that’s just the older Silhouette machine that I am using.

Anyway, when it’s all said and done, the decal looks stunning. It adds a whole new depth to what it is applied to, such as a black book.

Now to “finish” the project by listing a couple of things in my Etsy shop.